In the past 2 years I have realised how many new things I have done on my journey to self-discovery, so I thought I’d put pen to paper and actually see everything…..
1. Going to restaurants and trying lots of different foods
2. Joined a book club
3. Made new friends
4. Became reacquainted with friends and family
5. Visited Prague Christmas Markets
6. Had champagne on my birthday (and it wasn’t a big one!)
7. Went to Hampton Court Palace
8. Saw The Greatest Showman at an outdoor cinema
9. Saw Aladdin the musical in the West End
10. Went to London Pride
11. Visited Kew Gardens
12. Went to Windsor
13. Visited Romania
14. Saw Frozen 2 in 3D (child-free!)
15. Went on a Forest Holiday
16. Went to a family friendly resort in Wales and drove a golf buggy!
17. Met my baby nephew and had lots of cuddles!
18. Gaining a place on and starting my counselling course (16 months until I qualify!)
19. Started writing my blog
20. Went paddling in the sea without giving a monkeys how wet I was getting!
21. Got my first smart phone
22. Discovered Spotify and WhatsApp
23. Changed my name back to my maiden name
24. Put purple highlights in my hair
25. Not forgetting moving house and living on my own for the first time ever!
26. Oh and surviving being a single mum (including throughout 3 lockdowns!)
I’m sure there’s other things but I’m quite impressed that I have managed to do these things whilst being a full time Mum and dealing with the aftermath of leaving.
Over the past 2 years, there have been low moments and lots of tears. Moments where I couldn’t see the light at the end of the tunnel and felt as though I was trudging through treacle but I have also laughed, smiled and giggled more that I can ever remember.
I have felt alive and have felt as though I can finally begin to be me!